Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ego: Remember me!

Here is another story from Seth Godin's blog. This story points out that customers like to be remembered. Here is an excerpt:

"If I come back to your website and you know my name, why not plaster it across the page? If I come to your fancy restaurant for dinner, why not ask me about some of my preferences on the phone and laser print a menu that highlights some of my faves. Or better yet, the waiter (with help from a computer) should remember that I loved the cucumber soup and maybe he can let me know the chef will make it again if I'd like. If I'm visiting your insurance brokerage for a meeting, how about a little welcome sign on the cube, or my favorite seltzer on ice?
Amazon has raised the bar. Invasion of privacy? Creepy? I think it has become an expectation. People like to be recognized, respected and trusted."

read more digg story

No comments: